POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mouse3 iso problem : Mouse3 iso problem Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:45:45 EDT (-0400)
  Mouse3 iso problem
From: Alf Peake
Date: 10 Jun 2001 18:54:03
Message: <3b23fa8b@news.povray.org>
Re Mouse3 final(ish) in pbi

The mousetrap base in pbi is a box{} unioned with the metalwork. If I
replace it with an isosurface as shown below, the base vanishes in the
scene leaving the wire stuff. The union is OK on its own, or with the
isosurface floor removed. Moving the invisible base around the scene,
it will sometimes show a section of the lower surface "stuck" to the
floor. Neither syntax shown below seems to make a difference. All my
INCludes use #local except where the objects need to be #declared.

Can anyone suggest what I should be looking for?

I'm using DOS version megapov 0.7, Win98SE, celeron 500, and the scene
takes 74MB out of 128.

// Extract from my BASE.INC
#local SizeB = <2.8,0.15,1.5>;
#declare Base =
// isosurface{ function{ "rounded_box", <0.02, SizeB.x, SizeB.y,
SizeB.z> }
//             contained_by{ box{ -SizeB*1.05, SizeB*1.05 } }
isosurface{ function{ "rounded_box", <0.02>}
            contained_by{ box{ -SizeB, SizeB } }
            texture{ TWood13 }
            translate <0,-SizeB.y,0>
}